Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day Two

A few random shots around the living room today. Like many of you, I collect stone fruit. The colors are so gorgeous...especially in candle light. One of the best deals I ever got was three pieces for a dollar each...don't you love it when that happens!
                                                      
  This little fellow came from Germany and is in very good condition. My heritage is Pennsylvania German and I am always happy when I find a candy container I can actually afford.        
                                                           
We are book people. A few years ago we had bookcases built in the living room because we had books stacked everywhere. I still have several shelves to display goodies but the books seem to be multiplying.

Around the same time, I slipcovered my wing chairs and couch in white duck. I wanted a less formal look and I knew I couldn't just start over...I brought the look "down" with slip covers, a simple linen swag curtain, and stoneware lamps. At Christmas time I bring out the red wool blankets I've collected for years...just can't get enough of that red!

See the tree? Still not completely decorated...a work in progress.

                                                                    
                                                                            


                                                               Enjoy the day,
                                                               Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment