Wednesday, April 18, 2012

...a little blue


Blue is not a color you see a lot of in my house. I used blue in the eighties, but you won't see much of it around here these days. But...it's starting to creep back in. Stoneware crocks with cobalt blue are a favorite of mine and lately, well, that lovely blue is calling my name. 


This is a rug I hooked years ago and it does, indeed, have blue in it. It's a Jeanne Benjamin pattern and Jeanne helped me color plan it. I believe the pattern is Antique Beacon. It's on the floor, under the tea table, in front of the sofa in my living room.



These blues and teals are Jeanne's dyed wools, and the camera does not do them justice. I'm really starting to see blue and want more of it around for the Summer.


Love the indigo found in early coverlets. I'll be pulling out blues today. I just washed my white slipcovers and they are calling for some blue...and red...always red. It's that time of year.


Sweet Allegiance's BFF is in the works. I have grown very attached to "Allie" and don't know if I'll be able to let her go. Sigh.

Thank you to all who left such wonderful comments about Sweet Allegiance. I truly appreciate your kindness. 

I do not use patterns, or make patterns to sell, but I certainly understand the unfortunate goings on out there with regard to pattern piracy, and stand behind those artists trying to put a stop to it.

Enjoy the day,
Robyn








10 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn, I love your blues and I have the same love - they are the only blues in my house too....seems to work with my decorating too. But no where else do you see it.
    Thanks for sharing...I love it all.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, so pretty! I love blues! That rug is just gorgeous! And the crocks, and the coverlet -- everything is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blues!! They would fit nicely in my home.

    Have a wonderful day~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything about that rug is sensational! It needs a wall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was the same way, got rid of blues, except for navy and then the blues started coming back on on crocks, too! I love those crocks and your rug is awesome!

    Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything!!!! The only blues that I have to decor my home are the blue on the crocks and two coverlets. Yours are amazing. The rug is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your pictures today, Robyn. You have one of my most favorite things, stoneware crocks.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, sometimes visiting you is just downright eerie. I just commented on someone else's blog this past week about how, after the "country blues" rage of the '80's, I avoided blues like the plague. If I found a rug design I wanted to hook, I'd color plan around it so NO BLUES were used. Now, oddly, I'm craving it - and in the same ways you are - crockery, coverlets....red, whites and blues - and calicoes.... Gorgeous rug, amazing crocks and coverlets. I think you're living my dream Girlfriend... ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ The Other Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robyn ~
    I love your crocks!!! And your rug!!! And your coverlet!!! Allie, too!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Robyn,
    What a beautiful collection of crocks! Love your hooked rug, it looks a lot like a pattern by Edyth Oneill, I think called Antique Flower Basket.
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete