Thursday, May 17, 2012

Traveling


We're on the road again. This week we are in Naples, Florida, at our very favorite hotel. We counted up that we have slept in over forty different hotels since we started this venture eight years ago. Some are better than others, and this is one of the best. 
Lest you think all we do is lounge around while we are at these meetings, our group usually does a service project when it can be arranged. We have painted rooms and hung blinds in a group home in Tallahassee, assembled emergency packs for the Red Cross in New Orleans, landscaped a charity thrift shop in Amelia Island and packed goodie boxes for soldiers in war zone when we were in Palm Beach. (Did you know we bought and packed boxes of tampons for soldiers...male and female...because they put them in the barrels of their rifles to keep the sand out?).
God bless our troops and keep them safe!

                          

This is the view from our balcony. The building is Gumbo Limbo...a great restaurant with a most fabulous view...the Gulf of Mexico


It's overcast today, so Little Mugwump and I are off to explore downtown Naples. I'll be back later.

Enjoy the day,
Robyn

p.s. I decided not to sell Sweet Allegiance...I just couldn't part with her. How silly am I?

9 comments:

  1. Robyn,
    Beautiful pics! Have a wonderful time. Such a great idea to find a service project where you are going.

    I'm very glad you hung on to sweet Allegiance! Not silly at all. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun wandering Naples! It's so nice you do service projects when you travel. I think you deserve to keep Sweet Allegiance. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly? Oh my, no!!! I couldn't sell any of the trio of fabulous americana dolls you made!!
    What wonderful work you do on your trips!! Looks like your home away from home in Naples is a real winner! Enjoy.....
    Who would've thought there was another use for tampons??!! I can imagine they work very well in rifles for keeping out sand.....
    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Afternoon Friend
    I dont think it is silly at all.
    I have made a few things to sell before also and just couldnt do it.
    She is so precious I couldn't either.
    WHat beautiful photos.
    God Bless our troops and their families.
    Blessings Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not silly at all {big smile}!!!
    Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing.
    What kind and thoughtful service projects you have done.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks beautiful!! what great things your doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you put a bit of yourself in the things that you create, it's difficult to part with them and it's not silly at all. She's yours to keep. Have a great weekend.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are truly an inspiration! I have a group of 6 friends. We have been together since grade school (60 years). We get together once a year, mostly to eat, drink, and laugh. I'm going to suggest we good a little giving back this year!
    nancee

    ReplyDelete
  9. YEA!!! So glad to hear the news about Sweet Allegiance....I was wondering how you could part with her and her red shoes....And at least now there's a chance that I will get a peek at her every now and again. That hotel looks amazing. The paintings are exquisite.....I love the little girl...Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete