Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summertime Blues


This is our front door these days...a salute to the Summer that Memorial Day rings in and Labor Day, all too soon, bids a fond farewell.

We are awaiting some bad weather from the tropics so I took advantage of the overcast skies to snap a few pics of the summery blues popping up around our home. It is difficult to photograph sometimes because of the reflections...the ever present sunshine bounces off anything with a bit of shine to it.

Like the crocks I lined the bookcase with for a lighter look.


I have been collecting "canner" crocks for some time. I am always thrilled to find a different motif or size and try not to repeat patterns. Love the feather on this one.


squiggles & clovers 


Crocks with advertising appeal to me for the graphics and also the place of origin...this one is from West Virginia.


This is my latest find...an Alexandria, Virginia crock. Having been born in this wonderful old historic town I have looked for one of these crocks for a long time. They are pricey...but I found one that was reasonable and took the plunge.


It's a fun addition to the group. I need to do some research and learn more about this particular pottery...made right there in a town that holds so many memories for me.


wool blankets


starfish


Just a few snaps of some of the summertime blues around our house.


Enjoy the day,
Robyn





14 comments:

  1. Your door is gorgeous, so inviting! I need to think of something neat to put on my door. Beautiful collections of the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how beautiful...you have s many wonderful treasure in your home.
    Thanks for sharing
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your door decor! I'm so envious of your crocks - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your door looks fabulous! Love your collection of crocks... I am a collector, too, and sometimes have to restrain myself from over-doing it.... especially when the price is right! Just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robyn, your front door is so inviting and cheerfull. What beautiful crocks to decorate with. I'd love to see the whole picture of the collection as you see it. I'm never satisfied with just a glimpse. Your room looks so beautiful.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collection. So glad you found your hometown! How fresh and lovely your home is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, your front door piece is wonderful!!! I love it! And your house -- it always looks so beautiful and so wonderful decorated. Gorgeous. And also just so welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your summertime blues and crocks.
    But your front door just screams sunshine and happiness.
    Love!
    Woolie Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Robyn, Love your collection of crocks! Just beautiful. Your door decoration is just perfect again the gold door. Hope the nasty weather stays away from you.
    Hugs,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good evening Robyn, I have so enjoyed viewing your summertime blues. What a wonderful crock collection, I too enjoy the "hunt" for wonderful old crocks. Perfect front door decor, very patriotic, and perfect for summer. Greetings from Maine, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Robyn ~
    LOVE all your crocks. I think I'm experiencing crock envy.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Robyn, I am in love with your door arrangement! So perfect for summertime and pretty on your yellow door. Any visitor walking up to your door would feel so welcome. Your crocks are wonderful. I only have a couple of those. Wish I had more. Your home is so well put together. I love all of your things.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely collection of crocks!
    Hugs!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Robyn: Love all the glimpses of your home. Hope to see more! Love your front door summer decoration...would you share what size your flag is for the basket? i would love to make one but need to buy a Betsy Ross Flag, soon. I am new to your blog and so glad I found you! Can't wait to read your "old" posts as I have loved the sound of the two new ones. Visit me at http://theoldefarmhouse.blogspot.com and leave me a comment if you can; I'd love to get more acquainted with you. {{HUGS}} Joy

    ReplyDelete