Friday, October 11, 2013

American Harvest



There is a store in Paducah, Kentucky called American Harvest Antiques.


On the way home from Chicago last Saturday, my sweet fellow made sure I got to see this gem of a shop.


Full of treasures from early days in New England,
it was hard to take it all in. 


Beautifully displayed, in charming vignettes, it was pure eye candy for a primitive lover. 


My time was limited. I could easily have spent many more hours...and lots more money.




Meet Lisha and Shirley...the proprietors. They graciously allowed me to take these photos and could not have been nicer.

They helped me pack up my choices and I am happy to say my goods look every bit as wonderful in their new home as I had hoped.

And here they are...


...a wooden compote in dry, black paint


...a table rug...


...a black slide box...


...another black slide box...


...a tiny leather book..

Wow...did I have a good time at American Harvest!

***************************************************************

Our grande finale in Chicago was an architectural tour down the river on Friday night.


Chicago is a beautiful city and I highly recommend seeing it at night, from the river.


Standing on the deck, turning back toward the city, it was surreal and haunting in the mist.

Adieu, Chicago...you are a beauty.

********************************************************* 

I did manage to do a bit of sewing in the car. 


The first of the season, he is all hand sewn from early fabric. I finished him on the trip, but only got his clothing made yesterday. I am pleased.

We are glad to be back home, safe and sound.


Have a wonderful weekend! Stay safe.

Enjoy the day,
Robyn





20 comments:

  1. That store looks wonderful! Totally droolworthy. Love your purchases! Love your Santa too. And the pics of Chicago at night. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn,
    Loved seeing this amazing shop with all of it's primitive goodies!!! Wonderful!! Love all of your new treasures too and they look perfect in your home!!
    I have been to Chicago many times, but have only made it to the airport!! I'm so happy I got to get a closer look because of your great posts!! Thanks for taking me along!!! I enjoyed every photo and description and hope to someday visit this amazing city up close!!
    I also love your new Santa.....wonderful!!
    Have a great weekend, my friend!
    Warm Hugs~~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Robyn... your post and pictures of Chicago are awesome! What a wonderful shop! It must have been like shopping in a museum! Love your candle boxes and the compote is to die for!! Great Santa!
    Hugs!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful prim treasures you found, could have spent hours in that antique shop also......adore your new santa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, just a primitive lovers paradise! What wonderful treasures you bought home...right up my alley!
    Your Santa is quite the treasure too!

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous shop. Your finds there are great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful shoppe, and it must have been hard not to stay longer. I especially love the table rug.
    Thanks for sharing.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh ya, prim heaven, so many wonderful goodies there......adore your slide box, nice.....Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad that you got to take some of those treasures home with you. I love those old slide boxes. Chicago looks amazing by night and by day...
    Great job on that prim Santa.
    Hope that you have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so drooling at all those wonderful prims! Wish I was in your suitcase when you went to Paducah. Lovin your new claus too. Where did you find that early fabric? Janice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Robyn,
    Be still my heart! Would I love to visit THAT shop!! Lucky you and I love what you brought home with you. Your santa guy is great. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many beautiful items in this post.
    Love the table rug and the black boxes !
    I don't know how you could decide with the so many finds in this shop !
    Your Santa is 'perfect'. ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful shop! You brought home some great pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Didn't get to stop there on my trip to Franklin but planning to make a trip their soon. Love primitives & their's are truly amazing. We found primitives so much more expensive then in our part of the country....think I'm going to have to raise my prices!!!! Great post! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Robyn, that shop is a primitive antique wonderland!!!
    You brought home some wonderful pieces!
    Love your Santa too!
    What a beautiful photo of Chicago all lite up!
    Thanks so much for sharing your trip!
    xo Louise

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll be going to Paduka in the near future and plan to stop at that wonderful shop...That's the kind of stuff that speaks to me (actually cries out). Thanks for sharing as always.
    nancee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your new to you ...antique pieces are simply beautiful! You have a good eye! They are just my kind of pieces, too. I love the Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What great new treasures! That architectural tour looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That's an amazing shop, I love the things you bought!
    And the Santa, how compelling, I want to sit and listen while he tells me a story of a long winter's night.
    That Chicago scene, just fabulous, it looks like a still from a movie, just amazing to a country girl like me!

    ReplyDelete