Friday, February 7, 2014

Amelia, you are a beauty!


Rain is in the forecast, the temperature...chilly by our standards, the view...


spectacular! 

We are in our "happy place". Yesterday, we drove up to Amelia Island. 


The venerable old live oaks, draped in Spanish moss, line the entrance to our very favorite hotel.


We counted up our stays here and came up with a nice round number...ten. The staff calls Annie by name and she loves it. 

Looking out...

That's the Atlantic out there beyond the palms.

Shortly after arrival Annie and her dad head for the pool.

Looking in...

Deep in conversation about serious matters, no doubt.


They had the place to themselves.


I took a stroll and visited some of my favorite works of art.



These bronze turkeys are magnificent! The never let me down!


Glad someone else has to keep this beauty clean and sparkling!


Yes, we are in our happy place!

Hope you are in your happy place, too! Have a great weekend!

Enjoy the day,
Robyn






10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place that is! Wish I were there too -- it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place is gorgeous. You are very lucky to be in your happy place with your lovely family. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in my zero degree snowy place. My smile is no where near as nice as Annie's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place. Happy faces and smiles tell it all.
    EnJoY as I know you will,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I know why your in your Happy Place, wow!!!! Wonderful....sweet Annie in the pool is so cute, Enjoy Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when sweet Annie enjoys herself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not in my happy place, butam enjoying the pics of yours. Have fun! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. This place looks great! Glad you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Robyn,
    What a fantastic "Happy Place!" I think if I were there I would be grinning from ear to ear!!! Annie's smile is spectacular too!! Enjoy each moment!!
    Happy Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete