Friday, October 31, 2014

November Kitchen Window


My kitchen window for the month of November  holds many of the same favorite things as my October window. A Shooner turkey is happy sitting among the branches of bittersweet.


Of course the appearance of my favorite turkey is the first sign that Thanksgiving is coming.
If you are new here, this beautiful feathered fellow is an original watercolor by Lori Brechlin. He's around all year, but holds pride of place in November. I should give him a name...hmmm.



A new addition...pines cones fresh from Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.


Another piece of Shooner Redware...the colors perfect for the season. Similar to October with a few changes here and there...but a window that reflects my favorites this time of year...Shooner, bittersweet and pumpkins. 


Hope you all are enjoying this fine Halloween. Annie readied the basket full of candy early this morning and placed it by the front door. I, on the other hand, got my yearly Halloween duty done early in the month...I consumed a bag of candy all by myself. Whew, glad that's done! Pressure's off...I'm the only one in my house that eats candy...marked it off the list early this year.

Enjoy the day,
Robyn






19 comments:

  1. I love the changes in your window display every month.
    I have a narrower window sill but I still decorate by the
    seasons. What is in the small frame to the right?
    Thanksgiving happiness to you. I need to go find a turkey.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween to you and yours! Love Lori's picture and that Schooner piece is gorgeous! I was wondering about the small framed piece too. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia...thanks for coming by, and thanks for the kind words. The black frame holds a photo of my husband and daughter, taken years ago at Williamsburg. It usually is part of my window each month. I'll have to give it a close up some day.
    Happy Halloween!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margaret...I will take a close up of the photo soon. It was taken at Williamsburg and is of a very small Annie and Mr.MW. Thanks for coming by and saying hello.
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decor is always so ell balanced. I love that cute valance with squares that compliment the frame on your Lori Berchlin watercolor turkey. It all looks so inviting.

    Your secret is safe with us.

    Happy Halloween.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Halloween Robyn, love the window display once again. You really have a way with displaying goodies. Enjoy, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Robyn,
    Another lovely window display!! You have some beautiful redware pieces!
    So happy you enjoyed your candy too!! Sounds like a great idea, especially if it was peanut butter cups or almond joys!!
    Enjoy your evening!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely display. I really like the redware turkey!
    Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Halloween My Sweet Friend.... I apologize it has been so very long.... I have many reasons....and most of them are legitimate excuses....but it matters not. I have missed you. And popping in here for a Haunting Eve visit is much like coming home.... The inimitable window display....no one does it better than you.....And that little photo to the right....I know it is of Precious Annie and her beloved daddy..... I may have missed much (and certainly the beautiful glimpses of your wonderful travels I'm sure....), but I what I remember and hold precious has not changed.... Hope all is well... And, hey...I'm STILL eating candy.... Think the snow scared the trick or treaters away...so I have lots to go. ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ The "other" Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Halloween to you. Like you, I always buy Kit Kats early and have to go back right before Halloween for more because I've eaten them. Love your window! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your November window display Robin. Oh my the painting by Lori is wonderful as is the redware. I also enjoyed the pictures of Valley Forge. Thank you for sharing. Hello to Annie! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another winner. You always capture the heart and soul of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your window is warm and welcoming !
    But let's talk about that candy !!
    Only one bag in a month ?? Surely you jest ! Isn't candy it's own food goup ! Lol
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy seeing your window displays! When you have Halloween candy, you also have to have quality assurance so naturally we have to eat the candy. I mean seriously, you can't hand it out not knowing if it's fit to eat or not!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely as always. You just have THE BEST treasures.
    Happy fall :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gobble Gobble..love turkey time. Your window is wonderful! Janice

    ReplyDelete