Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Yule Tide...it's on the way!


The first cold weather of the season...it sets the whole holiday doings in motion. Today, Annie and I started our Christmas decorating. I know it's early, and Thanksgiving is still a week away, but we just couldn't help ourselves...it's cold outside!


We worked in the living room today. Fired up the bayberry candles and Perry Como (one of my very favorite nuns at boarding school was his first cousin). There are boxes and all sorts of mess all over! 

Hope you are staying warm and starting to feel that Christmas magic!

******************

Thanks to those of you who offered advice on transferring a rug pattern to linen. I did find this great sticky mesh I bought a while ago and it worked like a charm. However, the linen I had would not stay on my frame...it would not grip. So I ordered new linen and traced the pattern onto that...just haven't had time to pull any loops.


Can't wait to get started!

Enjoy the day,
Robyn






11 comments:

  1. I did the same as you and Annie today! I was in the living decorating and cleaning too. AND I also have a Perry Como Christmas cd! Our snow stayed so I've been in the mood. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually start decorating mid December. You girls are really in the Christmas spirit.
    I'm looking forward to seeing some photos soon.
    Hugs,

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Define cold...lol!
    Your rug is going to be a beauty, I'm sure.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. WE are cold and NY is full of snow so I guess it is time for yule tide.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening Robyn, love the little kitty, sweet. Your rug will be beautiful. Keep Cozy, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's true, the weather makes it feel more like Christmas. Love your decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been very cold here too, it feels more like December!
    Hugs to you both as you enjoy these coming days decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Thistle Down Moon pattern. Hopefully you will post pictures as it is in progress.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great design and can't wait to see the progress.

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of neat patterns in the Thistle Down Moon book! Can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so LUV your kitchen window... Also love your choice of 'Thistle down Moon' pattern. Will wait anxiously to see it finished.
    ...'Happy Thanksgiving'...
    Warm Regards with Peace for all,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete