Thursday, April 21, 2016

For Sale





Hello friends. Once again I have been absent for way too long. I've been cleaning out and shuffling things around, and have had a dust cloth in my hand for days on end. I have reached the point where I just want to thin things out. I live in a small house...by choice. Mr. MW says "we" were the original "tiny house movement". We like our tiny house. Unfortunately, I like stuff. I collect quite a few things and hoard wool, linen and floss, fabric...you get the picture I'm sure. Rug hooking alone takes up a lot of space. In addition, I have a stash of antique fabrics I use for Mugwump Woolies.

Why am I sharing this with you? I'm changing things up. In addition to being a "collector", I am also a fickle decorator. I've changed my style through the years. I always have a traditional look...I always will...but I am always tweaking things. I'm ready for a major tweak. I want a cleaner look and less stuff. I need to simplify. 

I thought I might offer a few things for sale here...a few dolls, antique clothes, breadboards, etc. I thought maybe some of you might be interested.  I need to do a little research on payment methods and shipping would have to be on Saturday. 

I'll keep you posted. 

Hope all is well with you all. 

Enjoy the day,
Robyn






12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea. I'd love to see what you have to offer :)
    Hugs,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely interested ;) I always love everything that I see in your house.
    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful idea ! Would love to see your new style of decorating ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean. I love STUFF too and am getting rid of clutter. I've given away pounds and pounds of cotton fabrics to a church, senior craft group and have tons more to rid myself of since I no longer make or want to make dolls. Will enjoy seeing what you have to offer but hopefully am not tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love your Mugwump Woolies! From the very first time I saw them gazing back at me from their bowl, I have smiled every single time. It is just so fun thinking about how you've been able to give each of them a unique personality. Seeing today's picture reminds me of the vow I made a long time ago to make my very own woolies. This weekend maybe I'll start on them. Please don't relegate them to an unimportant place. I think of them as part of your family.

    Though I'm anxious to see your new decorating style, I have never tired of your "old" style. But I do understand your wanting to change things up.

    Diane in North Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Robyn! Looking forward to seeing your "cleaner" look.
    Your home always looks so nice!

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Robyn, good luck with your sale and your decluttering. So many love your style, you'll have no problem selling stuff that you no longer want.

    Thanks so much for your very sweet and kind comment on my blog and for being such a wonderful blog friend through the years. I'll check in on your blog once in a while to keep in touch.
    Have a pleasant spring.
    I'm sending warm hugs to you and Annie too.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Robin, we have all missed you! I would be interested in seeing your sale. Hope life has been treating you well:)
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with this, Robyn. I too need to destash, so to speak. But of course, I'm looking forward to seeing what you offer up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Robyn, missed you... Yes, I have been doing the same but hard to let things go, good luck.hugs Francine..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, sweet friend,
    It is always so good to see a post from you!! I totally understand about decluttering and each time I move I get rid of so many things! The problem is that I end up finding other great things to replace them!!! I know you have exquisite taste and look forward to seeing what you might want to part with!!! Your home is always decorated so beautifully!!!
    Sending Big Hugs to you and Annie~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad your back, I too did a little cleaning out, now I have room for your stuff. Keep me posted...
    nancee

    ReplyDelete