Friday, May 6, 2016

My Favorite Day...


Mother's Day is here again...my favorite day. How quickly the years are passing. My Annie will be thirty in August, and yet, she will never be thirty. Maybe in years, but never in her heart. We still enjoy doing many of the same things we have been doing together for...well, decades. 

We read books together...mostly picture books. Our favorites are worn, but are, for the most part, aging well. We both adore children's books with lots of illustrations.

We color together. Annie always has a marker or crayon in her hand. When I join her in her favorite activity she is delighted. We color every night when we travel...tucked in the cold sheets, while Daddy goes over his materials for the next day's meeting, in the other bed.

We do a little cooking together. My girl is a great sous chef.

We like to buzz around Target at least once a week. A trip to Barnes and Noble, also a weekly haunt, will find Annie thumbing through the cook books with a lot of oohing and aahing. 

There is a steady flow to our lives. Nothing fancy, just being together.

There are challenges in everyone's life. Everyone has heartache. Everyone has a list of things they might change if given the opportunity. I know what I would change if I could. Chromosomes. But I can't. And if I could, I would not have my coloring partner...or my reading buddy...or my Annie. So, I take that back...I wouldn't change a thing.


Happy Mother's Day! 

And a special thank you to all my dear blogging friends...you have made some hard days easier with your kind words.

Enjoy the day,
Robyn





20 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day sweet friend. Loved reading your touching post, sweet Annie is a living doll. I still like colouring Robyn... Have a great day,Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful words about your beautiful daughter! Happy Mother's Day to you, Robyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Robyn, your sweet post brought tears to my eyes only because you and Annie are so blessed to have each other.
    Wishing you and Annie a very Happy Mother's Day!

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving post of your relationship with your daughter. Happy Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful , sweet post ...... Daughters are all very special ..... Happy Mothers Day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day to not only a great mom, but a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Robyn,
    Thank you for revealing your heart and sharing your precious Annie with all of us!! You both touch so many.......more than you know!!
    Wishing you and your daughter a Most Blessed Mother's Day, my friend!
    Warmest Hugs to you both~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right the world is full of challenges. Happy Mother's day.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Mother's Day! My Katie was 28 in April. Some people only get to visit the beauty of Holland ,but we get to live there day after day and year after year. Our biggest challenge is stuff, 28 years of toys that you never outgrow or want to get rid of. Thanks for sharing Annie with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post.
    Happy Mother's Day.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Mother's Day Sweet Annie & Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet post, Robyn. Bless you both. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are the BEST. and God knew it. That's why he blessed you with Annie.
    nancee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful post...thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Robyn...So well said. Yes, it is a beautiful post. Your Annie has extra chromosomes and my Sandy has missing #7 chromosome (Williams Syndrome). I too have a 'Best Friend' always at my side sharing simple pleasures together...We are 'partners in crime' enjoying every minute of it.

    Peace to all,
    Barb & Sandy


    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated Mother's Day! You know how to celebrate the right way. You are one special mom.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Robyn,
    I loved this post and I would say you have found the secret to life. I love that you have found the fountain of youth. You are truly blessed and so is Annie. I always think as long as we have sweet lives around us we will never grow old and crotchety and selfish. This is the perfect story for Mother's Day. Or any day. I feel so in awe of your words today. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This post is so smile-inducing and heartwarming :)

    ReplyDelete