Sunday, December 8, 2019

Christmas with Mickey...


We are home from a few days with Mickey and friends....and our BOG (Board of Governors) family.
It was fun being there at Christmas. We stayed at the Contemporary Resort...the oldest hotel at the park. It's the one where the monorail runs right through the building on the way to the many parks.

We're not really Disney people. We took Annie when she was little and she was petrified of all the critters that kept coming up to her. She loved the Country Bears Jamboree and that was about it. 

We stayed at the hotel and visited with our friends. Annie had a grand time exchanging gifts with her gal pals and eating lunch with the Board. 


We enjoyed all the shops decked out for Christmas...and added a few pins to our collection. Annie picked a keychain to add to her owl bag.




Mickey says Merry Christmas!


I have bags to unpack and mounds of laundry to conquer...and Christmas decorations that sit in boxes in various rooms. Something tells me those boxes will remain unopened.  But we had a fun trip and made some memories. 


We are so happy to come home after our trips!

We had a nice Thanksgiving and Annie has enjoyed telling friends we bought a new black car on Black Friday. We knew we needed new wheels before long, but the sudden death of the A.C. and the four thousand dollar cost of repairing it was the catalyst that sent us to the dealership. It's a beauty, a 2020...doesn't that sound weird? Way too many bells and whistles for me, but I guess that's a sign of the times.

Hope to be back soon with some "Bits of Christmas."

Hope you are all enjoying the magic out there!

Enjoy the day,
Robyn

p.s. I'll share more about our "Founding Fathers and Mothers Tree" shown in my header next time. 





6 comments:

  1. What lovely family pictures with all the Christmas colors.
    I always dislike breaking in a new or new to me car because it's usually when I'm only well acquainted with the old that I have to start all over again to learn how to operate the new one.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your Christmas decorating.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting, Julia. I can guarantee that I will never master all the bells and whistles on this new car! I haven't even gotten up the nerve to drive it yet. Safety is first and foremost for us when it comes to cars. This one hits all the marks for that. We've driven this make for twenty five years and they never disappoint.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell Annie the Country Bear Jamboree is my favorite too! Hope you like your new vehicle and look forward to your Christmas decor! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be scrambling all week to finish decorating! Thanks for coming by, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the buttons and keychain. Great photo with Minnie!

    I agree about the bells and whistles. For those of us that don't have smart phones, it's confusing and not really usable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a mobile phone...smart or otherwise. Hope you have a great week!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete