Friday, May 1, 2015

May Kitchen Window


Welcome May!


I made a new ruffle for my window for the summer months. It is a ticking runner from Home Goods. A few rows of stitching along the side and it becomes a valance....simple! I like to do this because the sides and the hem are already finished. 


One of my favorite dolls is this sweet little girl by Angela Hillstrom...Of Cloth and Hand. She has the dearest face and is the perfect size for my window.


Red and gold stone fruit apples in an early black compote. 


I picked the beautiful red rose from my yard yesterday. My Don Juan rosebush has given us these beauties for years and years. The aroma is marvelous!



A little red, a sweet dolly and a beautiful rose are sharing space in my window this month.


Thank you to those who sent well wishes on my last post. It's always a good day when friends stop by!

Have a great weekend!

Enjoy the day,
Robyn




11 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn,
    I do hope you are feeling better!! Love your May window!! The doll is just wonderful and looks perfect with the stone fruit and simple rose!! Your valance is perfect and I just love the ticking with everything!! Then....I saw IT!!! That PEG RACK!!!! Oh my goodness!! I have been trying to find one of those to use for baskets over a window!!!!!!! Do you mind my asking where I might find one??
    It looks PERFECT and is exactly what I have been imagining!! I don't ever remember seeing it in your other window displays, so I really loved that you shared it!!
    Take care of yourself and get better!!
    Warmest Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful window ledge, Robyn.
    I love what you have done with the valance !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Robyn, always enjoy your monthly window decorating. May is beautiful, love the stone fruit, naive valence too. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely May window. So clever on the valance! Why haven't I ever thought of that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity of your May window and the black doll looks great in the display.
    I hope you are feeling better today. Have a great weekend and enjoy you beautiful roses from the garden. My rose bushes are still bare.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Robyn! You have the perfect May window, especially with your very clever curtain idea! Here's to a wonderful month. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silly blogger bugs would not let me publish my comment.
    Love your dear Dollie.
    Looking for the book too.
    Hope your feeling better sweet friend.
    Your stitches are beautiful too.
    Woolie Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet face on the dollie!
    Stone fruit...one of my favorite collectibles.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your window display Robyn! The dolls face is the sweetest. Love your valance too. Such a great idea. I hope your auto immune issues will get better. Thinking of you. Take care. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. It all loooks so good, I love your little dolly, and the rose is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your window is lovely as always and my book on Black Dolls has arrived. I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete