Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Randomness

Morning friends. This morning finds us in Tallahassee. Mr MW is making an oral argument at the Florida Supreme Court this morning. He has done this twice before. The first time Annie and I were in the courtroom. The second time we watched him on the computer via the live feed from the courthouse. We will watch him on the computer this morning. If you'd like to watch go here http://www.wfsu.org/gavel2gavel/live.php...at 9:00 am.

Tallahassee is quiet this week...the legislature is on break. There were, however, hundreds of police officers here when arrived on Sunday. They are the Honor Guards from all over the state.  Monday morning we watched from our hotel window as unit, after unit, marched down the main street to the Capitol in memory of all the fallen officers in the state. It was impressive and sad. We could hear the bagpipes even with windows closed. The pictures were taken through the window so they are not very clear.



******************************************************


Margaret from Days of a Sampler Lover http://daysofasamplerlover.blogspot.com/ nominated me for a blogging award. Thank you, Margaret. I have followed "some" of the guidelines.

The guidelines are: Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog, state seven facts about yourself, and then list ten blogs for the award and link to them.


Here are seven facts about me.

1. I've been to Iceland.

2. I have a Pht...Putting Husband Through. When Mr. MW graduated from law school the spouses of the graduates were given diplomas...Pht's...that look just like diplomas...signed by the dean and stamped with the school seal. My mother-in-law had mine framed for me when she framed my husband's J.D.

3. I once slugged a nun. I broke my arm at recess in the first grade. My mother was volunteering in the lunchroom that day, and I was trying to get to her. As I walked through the playground crying the nun on duty tried to stop me...so I slugged her...with my good arm. Mea culpa.

4. In the seventh grade, I taught a nun how to flutter her eyelashes really fast, and she taught me how to whistle with two fingers.

5. I know a lot of nuns.



                           *************************************************

Annie and I visited the Tallahassee Nursery yesterday...one of our favorite spots. We picked up a few pretties to take home...


a ladyslipper,  a peperomia and a heat resistant lavender.


Leaving for home right after court. Hope all is well with you.

Enjoy the day,
Robyn

***I just checked after publishing and the links are not working. I don't know why. Sorry, I tried.


The moon out our window last night.



7 comments:

  1. Morning Robyn, loved reading this post and getting to know more about you. Congrats on the blogging award!! Such pretty flowers and that moon is so beautiful... Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Robyn, I tried the link too and it wasn't working. I hope Mr MW wins his argument in supreme court.

    I feel honoured to be in your list of 10 blogs but my blog is a No Award blog although I have accepted in the past. It's too difficult to chose amongst my blogger friends as I have so many. I have found out the Award system is used to grow blogs. It's fine if one has lots of spare time to spend on the computer, but congratulations just the same on your Award.

    I enjoyed learning a bit about you. I went to school with nuns as teachers.

    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this was fun to read! I was chuckling about your slugging a nun. Sounds to me like you acted perfectly sensibly! As for the links, I imagine that if one just copies them and pastes them into their browsers, they would work, yes? Good luck to your DH. Love that you have a Pht!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also been to Iceland. I have an Icelandic friend who lives in Reykjavik so spent some time with here there. Then she has a summer place in Thingvellier, swam in the Blue Lagoon, and can't remember what else unless I look at my photos.

    So guess we can call you "slugger" now, eh? Congratulations on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award. Loved reading all your fun facts. I went to Catholic school for eight years, but never slugged a nun nor taught one to flutter her eyelashes...lol!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Robyn,
    So impressive about your hubby! I know you and Annie must be so proud of him!!
    Those pictures of the Honor Guard are also quite a site and I'm sure it was something to see and hear in person!!
    Congrats on the award and loved reading about you and some of your special and memorable moments!! When I first read your story about your broken arm, I thought at first that you broke it when you slugged the nun!!! lol
    The fluttering eyelashes was so cute too!!!
    I also have a PHT and my middle name is also Elizabeth, named after both Grandmothers with Elizabeth as their middle names!
    Hope you are continuing to feel better!!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I once vomited on a casket in church because a nun woud not move me from the incense they used at funerals. Although I never hit a nun, I was somewhat a brat kid in class. I always think they made that movie Where angels go trouble follows after me. LOL Such a solemn pic of the honor guard..wish we all could get along. TFS Janice

    ReplyDelete