Thursday, November 2, 2017

Happening here...


Been doing some stitching and finished this sweet deer yesterday. Tina Woltman patterns are a good fit for me...simple and fast...and lovely.  I've been trying to stitch in the morning before the kiddo gets up. 


This...this is what I should be doing...packing all this away so Mr. MW can get it back up in the attic.Yesterday, I took it down and piled it in this chair. Today...I've been avoiding it. Better get to it. Annie is anxious to get out the turkeys.


If you visit here and have ever seen Annie in a photo, more often than not she is giving the American Sign Language hand sign for "I love you". We have the most wonderful neighbors who are great artists and happen to be deaf. The husband of this super couple made this ghost for Annie...complete with her favorite sign! She's over the moon! 

Yesterday, I burned a bayberry candle all day in honor of my mother. November first...All Saints Day...was her birthday. That wonderful scent was enough to arouse a bit of holiday spirit. It will be here before we know it!

Hope all is well with everybody. It's a gorgeous, sunny day here!

Enjoy the day,
Robyn





10 comments:

  1. Robyn what a sweet post! I love your idea to burn a candle on your mother's birthday... my mom's birthday was this month too... I think I will burn a fur needle, spruce and eucalyptus candle in her honor. I miss her so much. Annie must be getting so excited for the Holidays! Wishing you both a sparkly, warm and snuggly season!
    Hugs!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina has such wonderful patterns! One of these days I need to put down the hook and pick up the needle.
    What a sweet gift for Annie.
    Happy fall :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gesture from your neighbor. Isn't it a shame that such loved pieces are only enjoyed for a short time each year? But I guess if we see them all year we wouldn't appreciate them as much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that ghost. How kind. I have been doing my cross stitching too, I love that pattern. I got my Halloween put away a day early because like Annie, I wanted my turkeys out. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a mass to honour our dead today in our church and then we went to the cemetery where our priest wet blessing every single graves, including our dear daughter Nicole's. I still miss her so much but I know she is at peace.

    I think you have some great neighbours to do this for Annie. I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Instead of wet it should read "went blessing every graves"
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I work with a handicapped young man who is blind his biggest love in the world is christmas music. Well XM christmas music has started so that is all I heard today. So now I am a little itchy for a bit of christmas.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Robyn,
    Love your sweet stitching piece! One of these days I need to get back to cross stitch!!! Seeing all your Halloween goodies piled in the chair reminds me I need to gather mine together, too!! The ghost is darling and a special gift for your sweet Annie!!!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend!!
    Heart Hugs to you and Annie~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pumpkins and looking forward to seeing the turkeys...both of my wing chairs look like your most of the time...just finished pieces, pieces waiting to be shipped, etc. It keeps the punch needle muse near!
    nancee

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet about the ghost! Love it -- no wonder Annie is over the moon about it! Hope you have the turkeys out now. I still don't feel like it's time for them yet!

    ReplyDelete