Friday, July 13, 2018

S.O.S....Caregiver Down


Last Saturday morning, I awoke at around four a.m. thinking for sure I was leaving this world. My head was spinning so violently I could not walk. Thankfully, I have a very strong husband...and a very level headed one, too. He recognized that I had severe food poisoning and took control. Can you say
 salmonella? 

For the next forty eight hours my husband carried me back and forth to the loo...chopped ice...located the paper straws I have stashed for just this sort of thing...put cool cloths on my head...and, most importantly, became Mr. Mom. Mercifully, it was the weekend and not a work day.

As time went by, I knew I was over the worst of it, but was so weak I could not move. I lay in bed listening to the goings on in the rest of the house...unable to get up. I remember thinking that if I did not feel so terrible it was kind of like a vacation. 

Annie took over ice supply and slowly Mommy came back among the living. She was scared and concerned, my girl. She loves to give comfort...but she prefers me conscious...and able to answer her rapid fire questions.

Monday morning we tried to get back to normal. Mr. MW went to work. Annie slept in late. I surveyed the damage. It was not too bad. I could not have cared less what the kitchen or any other room looked like at that point. Actually, they did very well keeping things in order...kind of. I was thankful to be upright...albeit, wobbly.

When Annie did make an appearance she informed me, "It was a hell weekend.". I can't say I disagree.

I've spent the entire week on the "cozy couch", doing nothing but drinking ginger ale and eating oyster crackers. Things got done...and we all survived.

Not one thread was pulled through cloth. But I did laugh a lot. I binge-watched Grace and Frankie on Netflix. It is the best written and funniest thing I have seen in a long, long time. Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are spectacular. The humor sophisticated and sharp. It knocks it out of the park! I am so glad I found it and could sit and watch episodes back to back, as I recuperated, without feeling guilty.

************************


Before the wheels came off, we went to Orlando to see all our friends.


The new Florida Bar president is one of Annie's gal pals. She got her law degree from the Washington School of Law which is part of American University in D.C.. Law schools hold receptions at the convention...it's good for their foundations. I had fun attending as American University is my alma mater. We'll be going to D.C. in the spring with the board...can't wait!


Her favorite cousin! Our nephew wears a rainbow ribbon to honor his friend killed in the Pulse Nightclub shooting on the second anniversary of that horrific event.


Her favorite dance partner at the big party Friday night. 

*************************



Still working on Sparrow...missed out on a lot of stitching time this week, but finding Grace and Frankie made up for it.

Have a great weekend!

Enjoy the day,
Robyn









16 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better! About five years ago I was hospitalized for a week with salmonella, so I know how rough it can be! It takes a long time to recoup and get back to eating regular foods - I had to reintroduce one at a time. Be gentle to yourself while you heal!

    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had food poisoning 7 years ago and like you, I didn't think I was gonna survive. I didn't think it was possible to be so violently ill. It really is a nightmare, I'm so sorry you had to experience it and glad you're recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better what gave you food poisoning?
    it is good for Dad and daughter to take over now and then but not because you feel awful.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no! so happy you're better...and thankfully in the trusty hands of Annie & Mr. MW. ...what would we do without those who loves us the most?
    <3
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so sad to hear you were under the weather. Glad Mr. MW and Annie were at your side. I so love this sampler you are working on. The colors are gorgeous! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, poor you. I'm glad you are feeling better and that you were at home when you got food poisoning. It was a hellish weekend for sure... I would have been scared enough to go to the hospital, I think.

    You got a lot done on your "His eye on the sparrow". It's going to be beautiful.
    I love those serious winks from Annie as she poses with her distinguished friends. She must have felt very helpful to help with caring for you while you were so sick.

    Enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I had sympathy pangs just reading your blog post. Glad you are back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you were so ill! Glad you didn't need hospitalization and were able to be cared for by your family. Hope you've regained your stamina and are fully recouped.

    Annie sure has some top notch friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are better! My husband and son both had it and my husband ended up in the hospital! His colon was an inflamed mess for a while. Yes take care so you can heal. I do love your posts! Hope this weekend is a good one! God Bless...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you are feeling better, that is just no fun. I live with Migraines and after having one last night knowing I was going to die, today is a bright new morning. I love your progress on His Eye. It looks fantastic. I am down to the bottom right hand corner. I can't believe how much progress you have made.
    I love seeing Annie have fun and her comment on the state of the weekend, is so funny. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear you were so sick! I had E.coli once. I understand why the young and elderly can die from it.
    Such sweet pics of Annie. She is the belle of the ball.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh so sorry to hear about your awful week...such a horrible feeling for you and your family...hugs to Annie for being such a trooper and helper...she's a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Robyn...
    Your account just sounds wretched. I can’t even imagine. It must have been very bad. I am glad you are moving forward and taking good care. Your Sparrow piece is lovely !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Robyn,
    So sorry to hear you were ill and glad to know you pulled through.
    I am a big Grace and Frankie fan and there's nothing better than laughter to get your spirits up.

    Wishing you the best!
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy cow, Robyn. I’m so glad you’re feeling better. Sparrow is coming along quite nicely. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no! Im so sorry to hear you were so sick. SO glad you're better! :)

    ReplyDelete