Thursday, August 9, 2018

Happy Birthday, Annie & Besties


Our Annie turns thirty-two today! 


Of course, her favorite flowers are always a part of the celebration. 


And balloons...always a few balloons!

Happy Birthday, precious girl! We love you more everyday and are so happy you belong to us...Mommy & Daddy!


We started the party early with a reunion with our "besties". Met them for lunch in Ft. Lauderdale on our way to a board meeting in Hollywood...Hollywood, Florida. The guys were there too, but we wanted a pic of just the girls. I miss these two so much...and Annie adores both of them. Great fun!

***********************************************


Spent some time with our great-nephew while we were in Hollywood. I remember when his father looked just like this! Annie had a ball playing with William at the beach during the Battle of the Boards. (Young Lawyers Board vs. Board of Governors)


I have no idea who won or even what they were doing. That's the current president of the Bar...the lady on the pink flamingo. My husband, the Parliamentarian of the Bar, in the long sleeve grey shirt, looks as if he's thinking "out of order". Everybody had fun!

********************************************

Thank you for all the kind comments many of you left on my last post. I have to admit, it took a long time before I felt like myself again. Four weeks to be exact...this past Friday...just seven days ago...was the first day I felt good. This last trip was hard for me, but I pushed through and was happy I did. Seeing all our friends...our Bar family is always good for the soul. And, I would never have missed lunch with my two dear friends. Or having our little William smile at me as I handed him a giant cookie. Good medicine!

I have come to the conclusion that celery was the cause of my bout with food poisoning. I eat a lot of celery...use to, that is. I'd munch on it all day. No more. It is hard to know what to eat these days. Seems like there is an awful lot of food borne illnesses out there...always on the news. These days I eat little bits rather than large quantities of anything. Don't ever want to go through that again! 

Thanks for your good thoughts and concern...it made me feel better.

I'm off to wrap presents!

Enjoy the day,
Robyn







13 comments:

  1. I am so sorry it took you so long to recover. Since my husband's transplant we scrub everything before we eat it.
    Happy Birthday to Annie it all looks like fun
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very, very happy birthday to Annie. ...jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Sweet Annie !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, happy birthday dear Annie.
    My #1 bad boy turned 39 yesterday. I'm trying to figure out how that happened :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Annie! Love the flower. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Annie! I share a birthday with her, although I am quite a bit older:) Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Annie!! What a great photo, love that balloon and your flowers. So glad your mom is feeling good again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Annie! Love her sunflowers and what a wonderful balloon, too.
    I am so glad you're feeling better. Your blog is always a treat!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you have one happy and sweet girl !
    Happy Birthday, Annie ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to Annie, she is the same age as one of my sons. I still can't believe I have kids in their 30s. What a fun time. I am so sorry it took you so long to get back to feeling like yourself. I hope from here on out you feel like yourself. Did you get to work on His Eye at all while you were sick?
    I hope you have a nice rest of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday, Annie! It looks like you had lots of fun! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Robin,
    Please wish Annie a Happy Birthday from me!!! I know she had a lovely time celebrating with those special friends and love that big balloon!!
    So happy you are finally feeling more like your normal self!! I had food poisoning once and that was enough!
    Your time with your friends looked like a wonderful time and the baby is just darling!! Wish they didn't grow so fast!!
    Hope you have a great week and are keeping cool, my friend!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry to hear about your illness, I'm just catching up. Something is goofy with my blog, there is no list of my favorites showing up and it seems that there is no link to my ETSY store??? Happy Belated Birthday to Annie and glad you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete