Thursday, November 8, 2012

Randomness


Do you have any of these? She can't wait to get them out each year...and I have to admit...they tug at my heart.


Love 'em!


...real feathers on this fellow


This guy was actually made to wear on your head...we put him on a pumpkin...his feathers are a bit floppy after all these years, but I love his expression!

...gobble...gobble...gobble...

********************************************************


Green Acres...a few weeks ago, we had some loose tile in our master shower. One Saturday morning Mr. MW mentioned that he was going to check out what was going on with them...we knew water had gotten behind them and that something had to be done. I was here...talking to you all, and when I finally went to investigate this is what I found...bare to the studs. I turned on my heals and put in an s.o.s to our talented neighbor who happens to excel at tile work. I think my exact words to him were, "Please come save us from ourselves!".


...and save us he did...


He is so neat! It's a sad thing when a construction site is the cleanest room in the house!



Loving the new subway tile and safety rails...much safer for Annie.

I'm considering loosening up a few other things around here in hopes Mr. MW will work his magic!

****************************************************************




We are easily entertained...this sweet little face appeared on the top of our stove the other day...love the freckles!

**********************************************************

Once again, I have to say I am having trouble blogging about the minutia of my life when so many are suffering. I have loose tile, make a phone call and a week later I have a new shower.... 

Please remember The American Red Cross...they take Paypal!!! Imagine if everyone gave $5.

Have a great weekend...stay safe!

Enjoy the day,
Robyn






6 comments:

  1. Morning.....ahhhh....such sweet homemade turkeys, love them.......nice shower wall, looks great.......Yes, so many suffering, please give.....Here I am whining about the weather when people sadly lost everything......Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn,
    I love Subway tiles and the hand bar is perfect...I'm hoping to have one in my shower/tub when/if we get it re-done.
    Now I understand what you are saying about 'getting things we need/want' at a flick of the finger...there are many who aren't as lucky - I know that and feel so humble when I get something special or like you....I guess that shows we have hearts and I hope many support the Red Cross.
    Oh I almost forgot...I love the Turkeys!!! They are so precious.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robyn ~
    What wonderful Annie-made treasures. Those are the special little things in life.
    I love your subway tiles. I say loosen up a few more things!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Annie's homemade decorations. I think that her turkey is just perfect for Thanksgiving...
    I have some of those handmade pinecones decorations from way back and I put them on my Christmas tree.
    Your bathroom looks all spanking new and beautiful.

    I feel for the people who have no place to call home and I hope and pray that they soon will be taken care of. Every little donations adds up.

    Hugs, JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening Friend
    What treasures!
    I do have some of those somewhere from my gang too.
    The best of all.
    Love the new tile.
    Woolie Blessings
    Trace


    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously doubt that this comment will go through since most of the time, it fails. But anyway, love your turkey collection and the Tina pillow. Crisp white tiles are the best!

    ReplyDelete