Sunday, May 19, 2013

...busy, busy


It is such a busy time of year. I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. So many things to do in the yard...in the house...to the house. 

So...my furniture is back.


I adore the chairs! Above with no flash...below with flash.


Mustard and black...and my red chest.


The sofa with flash...


...the sofa with sleeping daughter.

I am happy with the "new" look...but it is way too dark for Summer in Florida. I have not even "played"  with it yet. Come September, when the light begins to change, I will feel more inspired by the dark colors.


For now, my white slipcovers are in the wash and will be going back on for the warmer months...I hear a little red and blue calling to help cheer on the Summer!

***********************************************************

Our weather has been wonderful so I have been working in the yard till the hot arrives. 


Managed to put in one hundred and eight grass plugs (just little old me) to help fill in the bald spots in the lawn. It is so hard to get grass to grow under these lovely branches..


See the lamp in the lower left...it gives a bit of perspective as to the size of this tree. Someone needs to clean the glass panes in the lamp...see...it never ends.


In truth, we love our live oaks and if it came down to grass or trees...the trees win every time.
I actually have been doing some work on this fellow...


...under these very branches. 

Have a great week!

Enjoy the day,
Robyn

***I've had some questions about Annie's sleeping position. Kids with Down Syndrome are hypotonic...meaning their muscles are very loose. Years of Physical Therapy have helped to tighten Annie's muscles...but she still can, basically, tie herself into a knot. This position is not the most outrageous one she sleeps in...someday I'll share her folded in half...sleeping away!









15 comments:

  1. You are so close to having a finished lion there! So gorgeous! I love your newly recovered furniture -- also gorgeous! Now explain to me how your sweet daughter can sleep in that position. The flexibility of the young. lol! That tree is enormous -- wow! Beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your reupholstered furniture looks warm and inviting but how in the world can Annie sleep in the pretzel position? That girl is so flexible, I just feel a bit of envy...

    Your big trees are beautiful and I know how hard it is to get grass to grow under the shade trees but I wouldn't trade a tree for grass either. I had to have three trees cut for safety reason and it was heartbreaking. I lost most of my shade.

    You prim lion rug is really beautiful and you got most of it done. I haven't picked up my hook since this past winter. Yrd work is taking all my spare time.

    Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your fabric choices. Slipcovers that can be thrown in the wash is my dream!! I need to check into that. I love to study magnificent trees and the trunk of yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robyn, love the furniture, so beautiful, your home so cozy.........Mr.Lion looks great, wonderful job.......Sweet Annie does look comfy sleeping like that though, :) Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking furniture! The navy/mustard combo is a favorite. Home ownership is always a list of to-do's... but, so very worth every effort. Mr. Lion is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Robyn,
    Love your beautiful furniture and the slip covers are a great thing to have for summer! That is one big wonderful tree to have and good luck with your grass!
    Sweetness with your little pretzel sleeping .... so precious!
    Wow... Mr. Lion is looking mighty awesome!!
    Hugs!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the checked chair. I've always wanted one like that. The lion rug is wonderful. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll take trees over grass ANY day of the week....Lucky, lucky, you. To have such a venerable old tree in your yard!! Trees don't fare well in our yard....We had some when we moved in, but the lawn guy we hired when my husband was away mowed over them. Replaced them, and then the drought wreaked its havoc. We have a few left, but they sorta lean at an angle given the winds here.... :o( Ooooo...I'm so loving your furniture re-do's!! I need to start thinking about having ours redone again - it's sooo expensive b/c it's an old set with hand-tied springs, etc. - it would be cheaper to buy new, but, given that there is only one place our couch can fit given our odd-shaped room, it means it has to be a SMALL couch...The one we have is like "apartment" sized, so it works perfect....But the dilemma of choosing fabrics is pure torture to me!!! Awwww...Sweet Annie....I didn't know that about being hypotonic...but it kinds makes me ache in empathy. Ouch....! Hoping all is well in your world my sweet friend....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good evening Robyn, lovely furniture, I think it will blend nicely in your beautiful home. Wonderful old trees, I too would take trees over grass. Your rug is simply wonderful, very pretty colors...you're on the home stretch! Greetings, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your furniture. Your lion rug is coming right along.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Robyn ~
    Your furniture is just gorgeous! You have marvelous taste.
    Oh, sweet Annie. Thanks for the explanation. It just looks like it would hurt.
    I am LOVIN' your rug!!! You are getting so close.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks great Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving your newly covered furniture !!! That flame stitch fabric is one of my favorites. Thanks so much for the pictures...I've been eagerly waiting to see how beautiful they look. Your rug is looking wonderful too....I'm so jealous of all the people who can hook. The wool colors you picked are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your furniture looks great Robyn. Cute picture of Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Robyn.
    I adore your lion rug! And your living room is just wonderful with your furniture and the rug together! I have a question, I have a wingback very similar to yours . It is currently upholstered in a Johnson Benchworks fabric that the cats have absolutely destroyed, they love that nubby stuff. I would love to have a slipcover made in a black/mustard check (like yours). Is yours a slipcover or upholstery? Did you use upholstery weight fabric or a homespun? I wonder how a homespun would hold up on a slipcover. At least the cats wouldn't be tempted to scratch the way they do on the primitive nubby upholstery fabrics.
    Have a great holiday weekend!
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete