Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Signs

New Orleans

While traveling, I often photograph signs...special signs that catch my eye. This is one of those signs...outside an antique store in the French Quarter. I wanted to bring it home...isn't it great? It's cut metal, painted and aged perfectly...a real antique incorporated into an antique store sign.




Nantucket

I love that these signs are reminiscent of old trade signs found in early American cities. 

The Wayside Inn


                                                         Boston

These genuine, early signs hang in Quincy Market in the atrium. As we sat and ate dinner, my camera clicked away to capture the lovely graphics on these beauties. They are hung very high and are dimly lit, but if you look up...they are there for you.



...my laundry room

My late father-in-law found this at an estate sale and knew I'd like it...an old sign with a Florida touch.


 Thought I'd share this little bit of bliss with you. This was my Super Bowl treat...the whole thing was chocolate...even the little cup!!! It was yummy!

Enjoy the day,
Robyn

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful old Signs! The little chocolate deight looks Yummy.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up in New England (CT) and having Mass. in my backyard afforded me wonderful opportunities to see signs like these...I love their folky quality!!!
    Thanks for sharing your photos with us ~
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. The signs are really wonderful!! They are the perfect tool to entice you to come inside to see more!! Lovely!!
    And the little chocolate cup.......Oooo, ahhh, YUMMM!!!
    Even though I did not get to taste it, I can IMAGINE (as Anne Shirley would say) that it was DIVINE!!
    Thanks too for your sweet comments on my PT!!
    Blessings~~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great signs!!! Love your Super Bowl treat too -- looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful signs! My favorite is the second, looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of the signs. Reminds me of signs in Newburyport, MA. I really love the chocolate treat as well!!
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robyn ~
    Love all the signs, but my favorite is the ship!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great signs - you don't see signs like that in these parts.... That Quincy market place must be incredible....I'd have a sore neck by the time I left. Thanks so much for sharing!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete