Monday, January 6, 2014

January Kitchen Window 2014


After all the color and shine of the Christmas season, my January window is neutral and calm.  This little bird painting is by Steve Shelton, a talented folk artist from Missouri. The colors of this diminutive bird are perfect with my lighter colored stone fruit.



And some of my favorites...antique eagle on ledger page, my two loves in Williamsburg, and a candle stick from Pat and Don Gaddy of Bittersweet Farm.


I like the way the veins in the fruit pick up the veins in the marble sill.


This compote is the one I bought at American Harvest in Kentucky. It has become a real favorite. I can think of so many ways to fill it.


Thank you...thank you...to all of you who commented and asked me to continue My Kitchen Window this year. Your comments warmed my heart and made me smile...and humbled me.

 I want to make some new valances this year and I'm always on the hunt for new goods...especially folk art, both early and new. I'll try my best to keep it interesting!

I hope you all are enjoying the new year and staying warm! The severe cold many of you are experiencing is moving into our neck of the woods this evening. My windows are frosted over and the wind is howling...no sunshine today in the Sunshine State!

I don't know about you, but I need some "quiet time". We went to our last holiday party just yesterday! We traveled a few thousand miles in November and December, slept in five different hotels a total of twelve nights. In between trips we celebrated two major holidays. There was shopping, wrapping, Christmas card writing, baking and lots of eating. And the last three months of the year are prime time for Mugwump Woolies creations. I'm tired! So...I will be taking a bit of a rest over the next couple of weeks.


Stay safe and keep warm!

Enjoy the day,
Robyn









22 comments:

  1. As always, a delightfully decorated window...Thanks for continuing. I love your 'Fracktur' collection, they are wonderful.
    Have a pleasant rest and Happy New Year to you and yours with Peace and Blessings to all,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh.......the bird painting and frame struck my envy bone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Steve's work also. He is so talented.
    Your window is full of the things I love, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your January window! You have the most exquisite taste, and I'm always scrambling to look up these artists that you find. Rest well -- it sounds like you've been very busy over the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful display in your window...I enjoyed my peak into your home today...thanks for sharing....it is so cold here and so I have been doing some blog hopping today.....seems like so many decorate the same way....but your decorating is your own....a piece of freshness from everyone else's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Robyn, another wonderful window vignette, love the little bird painting to........I do think you need to rest from the busy holiday season, keep cozy, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is really lovely I need to get my house back together so I can put a little calm in my house.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply lovely Robyn. Thank you for continuing the tradition. You inspired me to start doing something similar with my own home. Will do a monthly post changing up a wall and setting onm cupboard. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new window arrangement! The bird painting is gorgeous.Enjoy your break,sounds like you have earned it.LOL! Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Robyn,
    Another beautiful grouping for all of us to enjoy!! I always love to see what will appear each month and have also been inspired to do my own kitchen window!! Just put all the Christmas away and now I need to put my thinking cap on to come up with something different!! We are having 70 degree weather here in CA so my heart goes out to all who are dealing with such frigid temps....wish I could send some sunshine!!!
    I so love your compote too, and see endless possibilities!! Don't you just love it when you find a favorite thing that has so many uses!!! Love that!!!
    Take care and have a lovely week of rest!! It sounds like you need it and it is much deserved!!
    Warmest Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good evening Robyn, I look forward to seeing each monthly re-do with your kitchen window...you have collected and crafted so many lovely items for us to view...enjoy your bit of time off...Happy New Year to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for continuing your monthly window. You are inspirational. Love the compote.

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely January window. I love the mustardy yellow tones. I think January is a month for quiet regrouping after the holidays. Wishing you peace and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am enjoying this calm and serene window view !
    Your rest is well deserved. We all need balance.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes rest is needed.
    So glad you will keep up with your window.
    I really enjoy.
    I love the calmness in your window.
    Woolie Peaceful Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the pieces you placed so perfectly on your windowsill.
    Now it's time to rest and rejuvenate you body, mind & spirit.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad that you decided to continue decorating your kitchen window Robyn. It looks wonderful as usual. I'm in need of a rest too so understand.

    Stay safe and warm too.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful and calm looking!!!!
    Best Wishes~
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  19. it is very peaceful, and serene!
    hope you get some rest!
    enjoy the rest of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Robyn! I found you from Julie's window post in Primitive Heartstrings. You have a beautiful home! I'm glad she shared your blog with us, I'm looking forward to following you.

    Have a delightful week~

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the neutral colors in your display, makes it so warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete