Friday, July 1, 2016

Happy Independence Day!


Stopping in to wish you all a fun and safe 4th of July!

I have been having a battle royal with my computer. It has eaten my photos and will not tell me where they are hiding. Now, it won't even let me load them. I am the first to admit I am not tech savvy so my ability to fix this is limited. I hope to remedy the problem over the long weekend.

A bit of history....I am an avid fan of the AMC series TURN. The visuals are so rich...the clothing, the houses and the interiors. I re-watch every episode so that I can absorb each set detail. I was so sad to see the demise of John Andre on the season finale. Of course, having taught American history and being an avid reader of anything having to do with the Revolution, I knew it was coming. It still was hard to watch...and I would have preferred it to have been ole' Benedict Arnold at the end of the noose. But, some historians say, the whole Arnold mess helped us win the war. Many think his turncoat antics sparked a new fervor to fight within the colonial troops. If you have not watched this ambitious series, treat yourself over the long weekend to a beautiful telling of our fight for liberty.

Have a great 4th...stay safe and make lots of red, white and blue memories!

Enjoy the day,
Robyn










9 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn,
    I totally agree with you about TURN!! Was so sad about John Andre, too!! I hope they renew it, but does not look too promising!! Such great acting and so beautifully done!!
    Hope you and your sweet family have a Blessed July 4th!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will check that out and see if I can catch up. Now just started with having one episode is Legends and Lies on FNC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have an awesome 4th too Robyn! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have not heard of it until now but will check it out.
    Happy fourth to you and annie.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a happy 4th as well. I enjoy the history of the Revolutionary War, but I admit to having a fondness of the war of 1812. We routed the British once and for all. :) I enjoy Turn as well and think its a a wonderful show and well done. Have a lovely weekend. We are continuing with our painting. How is yours? I hope I can wait to do it again in another 15 years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you I hated to see the death of John Andre I hope it gets renewed To you and your family have a lovely July 4th

    linda m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy July 4th! Sorry you are having trouble with your computer. Thanks for the series recommendation. I need to watch that -- sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Computer problems. UGH! I feel your pain.
    Happy, happy 4th to you and your family.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 4th! I hope you've overcome the battle with your computer. I will definitely be checking out that show...I LOVE historical drama!

    ReplyDelete