Thursday, March 21, 2019

World Down Syndrome Day


Today 3/21 is World Down Syndrome Day. Why today? Because people with Down Syndrome have an extra chromosome on the twenty first gene...3/21.

This photo of our Annie was taken early one morning on one of our trips. After enjoying a yummy room service breakfast, our girl likes to keep the flowers that always accompany our order. She collects them and "decorates" the room with them. The simple joys...the magic in everyday ordinary...that is what makes life special. And this kiddo helps, too.

Enjoy the day,
Robyn 



8 comments:

  1. Annie's beautiful! Have a happy day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Photo of Annie with the red roses. Annie is beautiful. I'm glad that there is a Special day set aside to recognize Down Syndrome.
    Have a Happy day Annie.
    We all love you.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful picture I support a down syndrome young woman in her job and today was miss matched sock day to celebrate.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing sweet Annie! Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that picture! How sweet. One of my friends who has a wonderful young man with Downs Syndrome, owns his own gift shop at our area heart hospital. He is such an awesome guy. We just love to hear him talk about his customers. Thank you for sharing a wonderful picture of Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful photo of a beautiful young lady. I could use to spend some time around her to remind me of the magic in “everday ordinary.” Sometimes I forget to look...or to see. It is a wonderful day to celebrate...proud to share my b-day with that special day. Happy WDSD a day late!! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annie is so sweet and becoming a grand young lady! Janice

    ReplyDelete