Thursday, December 22, 2011

Days Eleven...and Twelve

I'll be finishing the Twelve Days of Christmas Tour today. Hope you have enjoyed the pics and will come back to visit soon.


This is how our home will look tomorrow night. Every year the Boy Scouts sell luminary bags as a fund raiser and just about everyone on our street buys them. The scouts provide the bags, sand and votives. After dark we fill the white paper bags with sand and a votive candle...then place them along the sidewalk. When the candles are lit the whole street glows...and it really is something to see! They will burn for twelve hours and sometimes they are still going in the morning...one year all twenty four of our bags were still glowing on Christmas morning!


            And no...in all the years we have been doing this...I've never seen a bag burn!




Wishing all of you and yours Happy Holidays!
God bless us...every one!

                                               Enjoy these special days,
                                                           Robyn



1 comment:

  1. I'll bet that looks so pretty! My MIL's neighborhood used to do that, but I've never seen it close to my home - maybe I should start the precedent!

    ReplyDelete