Sunday, December 22, 2013

Believe



This is one of my favorite photos of Annie. It was taken at church, before the Children's Mass, on Christmas Eve, many years ago. The children went up on the altar where the large nativity figures were gathered and placed a piece of straw in the manger to prepare a soft bed for Baby Jesus.

You can see how much Annie enjoyed all the fun! Annie still gets this excited at Christmas. She still "believes"...and I think she always will. 

Annie had the same look on her face this morning when she opened a special gift that arrived in the mail yesterday.


This sweet punch needle owl was made by Nancee...http://flew-the-coop.blogspot.com/. Annie's face lit up when she saw the package with her name on it. She was overjoyed to find an owl inside to add to her tree! Thank you, Nancee, for your kindness, for thinking about my girl...and for the lovely little owl that has joined the others on Annie's tree.

The Spirit of Christmas...like my Annie...I am a believer!

Hope you are enjoying these last few days before Christmas. 

Enjoy the day,
Robyn




16 comments:

  1. Good morning Robyn, what a lovely photo of Annie, a precious child grew into a sweet, caring, women...I can understand why Annie is excited about her new ornament, it is wonderful...Have a wonderful holiday, wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas. My belief has never waviered...Hugs from Maine, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your annie is so sweet. It is good to believe.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie looks like a beautiful Angel, Robyn.
    What joy to receive such a special gift!
    The spirit of Christmas....I believe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little punch hooked owl ornament too. It will be loved by Annie for sure. I think that it's so special that Annie still believe. It makes Christmas that more special.

    Only a few more days to Christmas. It went unbelievably quick.
    Stay safe and warm. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet picture of Annie and how nice of Nancee to make the owl for her. Very special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Afternoon Robyn....oh I know why that a favorite picture of Annie, so so adorable, she is a sweet Angel indeed.....So nice to get a present in the mail for her, love the Owl.......We must Believe In the spirit of Christmas, Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why it's one of your favorites. Such joy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the owl, too! I hope Annie and the rest of the family have a very Merry Christmas!
    The picture of her is delightful!

    Blessing..
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad Annie likes it...Have a Very Merry Christmas.
    nancee

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely precious photo of Annie....she looks just like an angel she does.... You can see her inner beauty just oozing out.... Oh, to have that wonder and excitement again.... I have always believed, but this year, gotta say, I'm really struggling. Took a few peeks at your wonderful home in its splendid holiday dress....Gorgeous as usual my friend....truly. Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Robyn,
    I agree with Robin....she looks just like an Angel!!! What a beautiful expression to be captured for you to enjoy, over and over again, that comes straight from her soul!!!
    Simply Priceless!!
    What a wonderful gift for Miss Annie to treasure from a sweet friend, making it all the more special!!
    Yes, I am a Believer too!!!
    Have a Wonderful Christmas!
    Merry Christmas Hugs~~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet lil angel Annie was and still is! What a wonderful present she recieved too! Merry Christmas! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable picture and punch needle owl! Have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet.
    Merry Christmas to you, Annie and hubby.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  15. she does look like an angel!
    I love her owl, so very kind of Nancee!
    I still believe too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pic of Annie! What joy!
    Such a lovely gift for her, has it been added to her owl tree?

    ReplyDelete